Notice: Ending the reservation system

If you have worked with me before, chances are you may be aware that I do allow reservations for spellwork. Most of the time, it's either due to clients having a different degree of readiness, or in the case that they cannot presently afford the spellwork and choose not to go over a payment plan.

This reservation system allowed clients to be confident that spell availability was there for them after a certain period of time. Anything exclusive or unavailable after a few rituals would be gone forever, and that itself would render the average client's chances to getting said spellwork incredibly slim.

However, reserving these spells is a privilege. It's important for people to know that I'm pulling something off the "shelves" for them so that they can make the later commitment to get the spellwork done for them. This means that I'm taking away the chances from others to get spellwork, and these may also be individuals who are ready for it to get done for them as soon as possible.

Over time I've gotten a number of concerns from clients, both new and old: that the reservations have become unfair. Some clients have been holding, and reserving certain listings for months, to even years, with showing little promise they'll ever move forward it. And clients who do want that spellwork done for them now are getting upset. This is a problem.

As much as I would like to honor my clients who do reserve. After countless instances of other clients hoarding listings for extended periods of time: I'm going to end the reservation system.

As much as it bothers clients that something they want is unavailable, it stresses me out as a magus due to how ridiculous some of these reservations have gone long for.

Now, I'm going to give my clients the benefit of the doubt. Those who still have spellwork reserved. I will keep them reserved, however anything reserved more than 1 year will be knocked off the reserve list. If it's gone from the listings, then all I gotta say is "tough luck" someone sought it out more than you have.

Aside from that, I will not be taking any further reservations. I hope you all understand, as this has been a growing ordeal for everyone.

I will be updating this blog more frequently.

-James

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enforcing Common Sense in a Ritual

The Practices of James

Let's talk about Negative Feedback