Meditation - Underrated and underappreciated

Chances are, if you've ever worked with me you've been asked to meditate. This goes especially to my repeat clients.

I always get the occasional question of "Why?" Why meditate? What's so good about meditation?

Well, the truth is; Meditation is such an underrated tool, that we tend to overlook it way too often.
Meditation is so powerful, that I can assure anyone who practices it well and often will find success in most, if not all of their endeavors.

Why do we overlook it though?

The main reason why many do is because.. It's really tedious. Yes, even I think so too. It's a mind exercise for clearing the mind, and tapping into our inner (And higher) self. We live in a world where it's the norm to be in a fast paced environment. None of this sitting-down and contemplating stuff!
Most people don't have time (Bad excuse, you just don't want to make time for it) to really practice it. When really, most of the answers they seek can be found in meditation.

The second reason is because we try to complicate it. Meditation is so simple. Heck, it's so simple, we tend to think that "It just can't be that simple, there must be a catch!" and in turn we complicate it so much. This is why I love the human species so much. Give them something simple, and they'll make quantum physics look like a cakewalk compared to how complicated they make things.
Because we complicate it so much; Meditation becomes such a turn-off for most people. It isn't sexy when people tell you that you need to "be seated on x-position, facing this direction, while listening to this binaural audio tape, as this guru speaks this verse, while doing this thing" We really don't need all of that!

So why do I ask my clients to meditate? First and foremost, Every client who does always tend to be the most rational, and logical when they deal with their problems. When crisis hits mid-ritual, they know how to deal with crisis-aversion without sending me a million emails on how freaked out they are. Second, They keep their thoughts in place, and therefore don't let their emotions mess with the fabrics of the energies I work with. I get super frustrated when I do a long, tiring ritual, only to have all my work just stomped on because "Adam couldn't keep his cool".

I could go on and on about the benefits of meditation. What it does, what it can do for you, etc etc. But I feel it's not necessary as I've pretty much gave a good reason why my clients should meditate.
This being said. Please give meditation a chance. You'll be glad you did.

-James

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enforcing Common Sense in a Ritual

The Practices of James

Let's talk about Negative Feedback